When eggs are a main food group in your house, egg salad is a must! Eggs are obviously a great and inexpensive source of protein when you raise your own chickens. I currently get my farm fresh eggs from a neighbor, but I cannot wait until I have my own supply of eggs right in my back yard!
If you found a smoking’ good deal on eggs and have the surplus, definitely check out this mayo recipe! Highly recommend on toast with lettuce and tomato! Nom Nom! We also love adding this to a BLT for an extra kick of flavor. Plus, who doesn’t love bacon?!
Use your preference of pickle relish. I personally love the bread & butter variety, and every. single. time I can a batch, they’re not as crisp as store bought, so I use them up by mixing them in things so I don’t notice it as much.
Store in an airtight container for one hour if you want flavors to mingle. (If your container isn’t sealed well, it WILL stink up your whole fridge. Trust me.)
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, more as needed
- 2 TB pickle relish
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop eggs and add to mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, relish, green onion, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well, add in extra mayo if you find mixture is too dry.