I like cranberry sauce. I also like wine. They work well together in this recipe, too. It’s perfection on a turkey croissant sandwich with Havarti and lettuce. Try it out!
It’s pretty versatile, too. Add a tablespoon of orange zest, or omit the cinnamon if you want the pucker power. I find it freezes well just like a freezer jam. I’ll make this big batch and freeze in small jars since I’m the only one that really likes cranberries in the immediate household.
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries (about 9 cups)
- 3 cups white Zinfandel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1TB ground cinnamon
- In a small pot, combine cranberries, chardonnay, and sugar and cover and simmer on low for 15-30 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash sauce until most of the cranberries pop.
- Cook on medium flame, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot or room temperature. If you prefer, run through a food processor on pulse a few times to smooth the texture.