I add this chicken pesto zoodles recipe to our menu rotation when I crave pasta. This works great with pasta, but zoodles are great when I need to watch the carbs! Pin for later:
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup pesto spread
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons water (if using dried herbs)
- 1/4 cup dried or finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Spiralize your zucchini into zoodles. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, process pine nuts, parmesan, and garlic until you form a paste. Add herbs and water and mix. Add salt, pepper and olive oil, stirring as you pour in the oil. Mix until well blended.
- Heat 1TB olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, broccoli and garlic and cook covered for 12 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and zoodles and cook for 3-5 minutes so zoodles are softened, but heated through. Overcooking them will make them mushy.
- Turn off heat and add pesto spread, stirring so cheese doesn't clump.
This recipe has approximately 421 calories per serving calculated by MyFitnessPal.
28g Fat 11g Carbs 42g Protein 4g Fiber
This is an estimate of nutrition facts. If you are on a medically restrictive diet, please contact your health professional before consuming if you have concerns.