Yay! Another barn update. This is barn update number 5! It’s sooooo close to being completed. And quite frankly, it’s needed. We are freezing our biscuits off today waiting for a snow storm to arrive. We never did buy the camper skirting, it was just out of the budget.
Anyway, back to the barn. You guys. It finally has its hind end closed up! That has helped the wind factor immensely. It would be better, but the roof ridge vents are still not installed. I hear there are last as they allow somewhere for the wind to go instead of fighting the garage door install.
I forget what’s going on with our plan for the top. We have steel for it, but we intend on eventually trading the beige for siding, so I don’t know if hubs plans on putting up metal or not. If he doesn’t let’s hope *somebody* paints up there! Either way, walls. Walls are a good thing!
Hubs got super lucky finishing up the side walls. The wind provided enough to “suction” the steel up against the wood for screwing in. Mother Nature must have felt bad for being so snarky the last few weeks. First the wind blew from the west, and then later from the east. It was perfect!
Here’s the fine, and it’s been pretty comical. We’ve lost TWO tape measures. He finally had to go get one out of his “fun money” so he could finish paneling over the car garage side. The wind did not decide to help him for this. Luckily he’s got some pretty mad math skills and didn’t make any bad cuts to the metal. I would have bawled for days.
The key to any great construction day is to make sure the weather is always PERFECT when his beloved Denver Broncos are playing. That way, he feels too guilty staying home and watching football, and cranks out a ton of work on the barn. He’s installed one full garage door (of course he picks the easy one first). The next one has him a little perplexed, as it would seem that the door is going to hit the rafter. He needs to check the math.
After the challenge of the door decided to be enough for a Sunday, he decided he would finish up the steel. No, that’s not rust. It’s just dirt from our paneling laying around forever. The snowstorm this week should clean that up quite nicely! Even better, he left just enough at the top for snow to blow in. You know, in addition to the fact there’s a big gaping hole at the peak of our roof from no ridge vents. My backup photographer (the hubs) didn’t provide me with a shot of the hole in the roof, so I guess that’s next time! And hopefully the last update on the barn is coming SOON!
The camper is going to be tucked in nicely to the barn, where we will have no sunlight but hopefully will be warmer. There’s a plan for propane exhaust to be channeled out, but currently I am unsure if that’s simply “the ridge vents aren’t on.” We cannot move on site though until we have power. The electrician bailed on us, so we are frantically looking for a replacement within budget. Since everything is coming in about $10k+ I have a strong suspicion the guy bailed because he misquoted us. Either way, we need power…and we need it ASAP. I want to move to this forty acre paradise so bad!